Wow, I haven't written a new blog post in AGES.....

I thought I'd do a bit of a life update considering I haven't posted since January!

As some people may know, I had some trouble with my health at the start of the year. Around Christmas, I started to feel foggy and light headed, I had heart palpitations and incredibly painful neck pains. On January 9, I had a doctors appointment and told her about what I've been feeling and she told me I have a heart murmur but she thought nothing of it and sent me home. That same night I ended up in the ER because I felt like I was about to pass out many times and my heart rate would escalate. The doctor at the ER told me that he can't diagnose it in the ER, but he said that it was "probably a panic attack" and sent me home. I automatically knew it wasn't because I've had panic attacks before and this was completely different. 

Cut to January 12, and I was back in a different ER. I was starting to pass out again, and my heart rate went from a resting rate to 160 bpm in a split second. The doctor didn't believe me when I said that happened, but he let me stay in the ER hooked up to a monitor just in case we caught it. Thankfully, just before the doctor was about to release me, it happened again. Twice. I was completely fine then all of a sudden I would feel myself passing out and my heart rate would jump to around 160. I was then admitted into the cardiology department as well as referred to see a neurologist. 

Long story short, I had x-rays, ultrasounds, ECGs, heart rate monitors, echocardiograms, MRIs, I was tested for the flu and thyroid problems, I had so many blood tests and nothing was found. Which is so amazing, but also kind of frustrating because I still to this day have no idea what was wrong with me. For all of January I was dizzy, lightheaded, weak, tired, in pain from my neck.... I couldn't even walk around because I was so dizzy and couldn't hold myself up. I was just not myself and I remember looking in the mirror wondering if I was still in there. 

It's almost the end of May now, and I still have the odd neck pain here and there and I still have the odd heart palpitation episode. But thank God that I'm feeling almost 100%. I've been trying to take care of myself more, even though I was overall healthy before and while all of this was happening. I've been staying away from caffeine, too much sugar, alcohol, and I've been easing out of having dairy. And I'm back to being vegetarian - even though it's only recently. Who knows, maybe I'll be vegan for my next update!

Even though I've been feeling so much better, I've definitely let this whole ordeal affect my life a lot. My life was on hold for a month and a half and I feel like I'm only just starting to get it back on track now. This was definitely a learning experience, and my first health issue, but I surprised myself in how strong and brave I felt. I did have a little cry the night before I got the results of my brain scan, but I had a cuddle with my husband and felt ready and courageous on the day of. I told myself not to freak out and not to worry until there was something to actually worry about. I'm so thankful that everything turned out to be okay. 


Remember to try and not worry about the future too much. You never know what will happen - just take things as they come. It's something I've really been working on throughout the years, and it actually helped me so much while going through this.

Thanks for reading this mini life update. Enjoy these beautiful spring days!

x Melissa